Today was my second Latin American (or anywhere) parasailing adventure! A couple blocks from our hostal in Lima, right on the coast of the Pacific Ocean, there is a launching site for paragliding companies that several travellers we met a couple weeks ago (on that bus with no brakes, remember that?) recommended. We indulged, and it was BUCK wild. I´m not sure I´ve ever done anything quite so insane. It´s only like a 15 minute ride, but it´s directly over not only the ocean but also the highway and RIGHT next to buildings. While my guide was a little conservative (you know, we only went about 5 feet from buildings), Jamie said he could have kicked teh side of a building. It is insane and definitely a little scary but so fun. And we´re all alive. A PLUS!
Today we went to ¨downtown¨Lima. It was nothing to speak of. Then we went back to the grocery store and bought more produce/bread. Last night I made a bangin fruit salad that probably would have cost about $50 in the US to buy all the fruit for. I´m really taking advantage of this cheap fruit while I can... only a week more.
Tonight we´re heading to one of the best restaurants in Lima to indulge some more. It´s called Astrid y Gaston and there´s also a location in Santiago that President of Chile Michelle Bachelet appraently frequents. Oh it´s good to be living the fine life after freezing our asses off for several weeks in the Bolivian desert.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment