Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sucre Day 1.5

Two posts in 1 day? I know, I know... I am out of control.

Anyways.... Sucre is wonderful!! It´s beautiful. All day Jamie and I have been trying to find a suitable comparison and here´s what we´ve come up with (I´ve tried to make this geographically non-discriminatory so hopefully anybody will be able to understand.)

For those of yall who have traveled through the SurAmerica, it´s sort of like Mendoza, Argentina but with many many more beautiful buildings and better maintained parks. It´s also more crowded and an all-around better place. The similarity here is the pretty parks throughout and the classic laid-back, ¨let´s hang around and sit in a park all day and chill out¨feeling.

For those in the good 'ol US of A... it´s sort of like San Francisco. It´s pretty hilly and once again... the square parks that randomly turn up (sort of like downtown DC as well) . There tend to be a lot of people lying around without much of an agenda, but then there´s certainly plenty of markets and cool stores. The only thing missing is the ocean. And the sourdough ofcourse.

For the Euro-types, I imagine it´s sort of like Spain. That being said, I´ve never been to Spain but seeing as how they colonized Latin America and all... I´m probably somewhat correct. And also totally wrong. Come and see for yourselves.

The basic gist is... life is good and we really really like what we´ve seen. Today we hung around a lot at the Central Market which is mainly food (produce heaven which I´m hoping is a trend for the rest of the trip. I wish I could upload pictures! Erin, get excited!) We had a delicious lunch with hearty sopa de maní (which means peanuts, but this soup had no trace of peanuts) and some chicken dish. Mmmm... it cost us a whopping $2.50 for 2 lunches and was more than satisfying. Tomorrow we head on a day trip to a nearby town called Tarabuco which apparently has a famous market that will satisfy every tourist´s desire for consumerism. I can´t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment