Friday, March 13, 2009

No pasa nada!

This is the most relaxed place I've ever been. In the first couple weeks I was here, I really didn't know what to do with myself... I was so used to having endlessly busy days in DC and here I found myself with so much free time and so much day light. It's like, time just passes and I shouldn't be concerned that I haven't accomplished anything meaningful. Daily trips to Jumbo just to walk around? Four hour naps? Relaxing by the pool on top of my friend's building?

I've since realized that it's not just me... Chileans are just in a constant state of relaxation. Although it originally concerned me a little, I'm now embracing the extra time (more opportunities to walk, listen to Taylor Swift, etc).

Tonight we had a group dinner in Providencia. At a steakhouse. Yum.
After the appetizers and salad were served, the waiter came to remove my salad and placed another, larger, and more intense (avocado, hearts of palm, artichokes) salad in front of me. I did NOT complain. I never say no to vegetables.

Tomorrow is Sarah's (the chica living next door) birthday. Despite several attempts, I have yet to really succeed with the whole idea of Chilean nightlife. I've been maxing out at 3am at the latest, but my plan for tomorrow is to be prepared with some extra hours of sleep because Sarah has rented out a bar/club and I need to bring my A game in terms of staying awake. With that said, goodnight!

PS- I'm not going to pretend like I follow AU sports or anything, but tonight we made it into the NCAA tournament. I think this means that boys will actually start applying to American ... just want to put that out there.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha yay for boys applying to AU! too bad we won't be here to reap the benefits...

    ReplyDelete